LifeEvac provides rapid, safe, efficient air medical transport services with aircraft in the communities listed below.
Each helicopter is staffed by a flight nurse and flight paramedic team prepared to handle any patient situation that may arise, including medical and traumatic scene response, critical care interfacility transports and high-risk obstetrical transports. The crew is also trained in the specialty care of patients on ventricular assist devices and intra-aortic balloon pump dependant patients.
- Interim Medical Transport Manager: Bert Bogue, RN, BS, CFRN, EMTP
- Coverage: VCU LifeEvac is based out of the Dinwiddie County Airport in Petersburg, VA, just south of Richmond. The primary service area is a 120 mile radius around Petersburg.
- Aircraft:The aircraft is a single pilot, IFR (Instrument Flight Rules) EC-135 P2 helicopter, capable of cruise speeds around 150 mph and carrying up to two patients.
- Partners: VCU Medical Center and Air Methods sponsor the VCU LifeEvac program. Services offered by VCU Medical Center include, but are not limited to: emergency, trauma, cardiac, critical care, neurology/neurosurgical, oncology, transplant, re-implantation, burns, obstetrics, pediatrics and neonatal specialties.
- Base Manager: Bev Harris, CFRN, MS, MSHA, CCEMT-P
- Coverage: LifeEvac 3 is based out of Middle Peninsula Regional Airport in Mattaponi, VA (West Point). The primary service area is a 120 mile radius around West Point.
- Aircraft: The LifeEvac 3 aircraft is a single pilot, VFR (Visual Flight Rules) EC-135 helicopter, capable of cruise speeds of 150 mph.
- Partners: Riverside Health System and Air Methods sponsor the LifeEvac 3 program. Riverside Health System is one of Virginia's most comprehensive healthcare providers, offering a wide range of facilities that includes a regional medical center and rural community hospitals. Hospitals operated by Riverside Health System include Riverside Regional Medical Center (Newport News, VA), Riverside Walter Reed (Gloucester, VA), and Riverside Tappahannock (Tappahannock, VA).